Monday, April 23, 2007

Sidewalk Chalk in Belmont Shore

So, this weekend was a lovely weekend. My good friend Carin informed me, a few weeks ago, about the Belmont Shore Sidewalk Chalk Art competition and I thought that it would be fun to enter and just spend a Sunday drawing.

We got there on what was an overcast Sunday morning and found our plot of land for the day. Taped the paper down, whipped out my all graphite pencil and began to draw. Drip, drip later, the rain started to come down, so I pulled my big paper off the sidewalk and slapped in on the window of the store I was in front of. Eventually, the drizzle subsided and we had sun for the majority of the day.

A lot of my friends and co-workers came to cheer us on. It was a fabulous time! To finish it all off, too, Carin won Best in Show and I got First Runner Up! Who would've thought that we both would take the two highest spots?!

Well, I was stoked and here's some pictures: The top picture is Carin's piece which won Best in Show.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it! so amazing. i was, and still am, speechless with the amount of creativity, talent, and passion that can fit into your skinny lil body. i am happy you won. you TRULY deserved it.